This is an important role, that will enable Unity in Diversity to attract financial support and donations from individuals, groups, the national government and international bodies. Unity in Diversity aids refugees and asylum seekers for sustainable integration in the host communities. We are now searching for committed individuals with previous fundraising experience or who would like to gain such experience, to help support our team in planning of fundraising activities or other ways to raising funds for our cause. As our fundraising volunteer, you will be supervised directly by the project manager and overall by the director.
Fundraising Volunteer's duties:
To help promote and source support for our the foundation’s projects
To help promote the sponsorship packages by sourcing suitable organisations, making contact with the appropriate people and securing financial and in-kind support
To source organisations and contacts to provide auction and raffle prizes
Communicating the importance of UID’s work and our fundraising activities and the benefits to sponsors and supporters in being involved with these events
Helping promote our fundraising pages or need through our social media channels and Facebook advertising
Assisting with general event planning, administration
· An interest and commitment to humanitarian causes, especially with regards to refugees, education and empowerment
· Good interpersonal skills, you will be friendly, professional and have a persuasive manner
· Excellent written and verbal skills in English. Knowledge or Dutch language is desirable but not essential.
· Strategic and thorough in recording details
· Excellent organisational and administrative skills
· Experience of managing simple databases in Excel
· Excellent attention to detail
· Previous experience of working or volunteering in the not-for-profit sector (voluntary or paid), is desirable but not essential
· Previous experience in fundraising/event management is desirable but not essential
You will be provided with a template to request such letters.
All successful applicants will be required to commit a minimum of 6 hours per week to volunteer. Minimum period for volunteering is 6 months. Start date for this position is immediate. On occasion we can accept applicants who have lesser months to volunteer.